Flies of many kinds have affected man and his welfare for thousands of years. Domestic flies have evolved to live in close association with man. They are normally found around and within structures and can become extremely annoying by their constant presence.
Flies are identified as disease-causing organisms. They have filthy habits which make them efficient mechanical vectors of disease. Pathogenic organisms are picked up by flies from garbage, sewage and other sources and then transferred on their mouthparts and body parts, through their vomitus or through their feces to human and animal food.
By day house flies are commonly found indoors in kitchens, markets, hawker stalls, shops, restaurants, toilets, animal sheds, on food or on the floor and elsewhere. We can also find them outdoors on breeding sites or on the ground, especially places that are contaminated with garbage and food waste.
Common Fly Species
- Properly dispose of any organic matter such as vegetable or other food by-products, where flies might lay eggs.
- Place these materials in garbage bags and tie the bags securely. Remove all food residues and clean your garbage cans weekly.
- Keeping windows screened and doors closed. Placing exhaust (blower) systems above doors, and installing doors that can open and close mechanically.
- Traps (sticky fly-paper, UV light trap, cone fly trap) can be used in areas where the use and safety of chemical sprays are prohibited.
- The application of insecticides (ULV space spray, residual spraying, toxic bait) is preferred due to its fast suppression of the house fly population thus providing quick control results.
If you have a problem with flies contact us to get a FREE quote!